||Workers Compensation Program Account Manager
||Eastern Alliance Insurance Group
The Workers' Compensation Program Account Manager performs a wide range of functions in support of the Alternative Markets Unit including partner and prospect meetings, monthly reporting, implementation of strategic initiatives, new program development, market research, customer service monitoring, and program evaluation activities in support of the Company's revenue and profitability objectives and overall business plan. Additional responsibilities for this position include providing support to the various regional and satellite offices, as requested or required, with day to day program oversight and management.
This position will drive profitability of the programs through proactive account management strategies. They will coordinate and lead quarterly internal and external program meetings as well as communicate financial, operational, and claims results, facilitate updates from all departments, and follow-up on any open issues or deliverables on at least a monthly basis. This position will initiate profitable growth of the Alternative Markets Unit through the development of new programs including identifying opportunities, managing the prospecting process, proposing and securing profitable fee-for-service business. They will also serve as a dedicated resource to the regional teams and provide training, structure and guidance throughout the process. Some other responsibilities for this position include performing all program management duties necessary to profitably renew programs within the established timeframes. They will initiate and manage the annual program renewal process including the management of information from all departments, calculating the reinsurance pricing, evaluating collateral and drafting proposals and reinsurance letters.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Insurance or related field and a minimum of 5 years workers' compensation insurance experience in a professional capacity is required.
- The ability to analyze and interpret information in order to make profitable recommendations about active/inactive program structure and prospects
- The ability to interpret, analyze and report on competitive markets, identify trends and make recommendations to remain competitive in market
- Attention to detail in presenting information, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Solid problem solving skills, formulating logical and objective conclusions; the ability to think strategically
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with various constituencies and at all levels; both in and outside of the organization including agency partners, outside customers and clients
- Ability to represent the Company in a professional manner; ability to make sales presentations to large groups of people; ability to prospect and sell insurance products and services
- Capacity to travel regularly with some overnight trips required; must possess a valid driver's license with the capability to drive long distances to reach client/agency sites and an acceptable driving record.
- Aptitude to attend insurance industry/business functions to promote and present a positive image of the Company
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Working knowledge of captive or alternative markets.
- A multidisciplinary insurance background (claims, underwriting, marketing, risk management, etc.)
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Eastern reserves the right to modify job responsibilities and required skills based upon company needs. Employees may be required to perform functions beyond those mentioned.
Eastern is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applicants for employment are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or non-job related handicap or disability. Eastern promotes the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity with respect to all phases of employment.